Pumpkin Coconut Soup

As per my 'fall' resolutions each week I have been making a meal from scratch.  Using as many 'raw' ingredients as possible.  I have not had much time to take photos and post my recipes, but I assure you I have been doing it! 

Here's my latest success!!

Pumpkin Coconut Soup

Ingredients

2 cups chopped pumpkin
4 pieces of chicken, ( leg & thighs make good soup)
3 sprigs of thyme
3 cubes of chicken bullion
1small can of coconut milk
2 potatoes chopped
1 cup of carrots
1 clove garlic mashed
1 cup of barley
* flour dumplings 20
10-15 cups of water
Salt & pepper to taste
Scotch bonnet pepper ( optional)

Instructions

1) fill pot with water and boil, once brought to a boil add chicken
2) once chicken is cooked add pumpkin & garlic, boil till pumpkin begins to break apart
3) add potatoes,barley, thyme, carrots, bullion cubes
4) let simmer. Lastly add coconut milk and flour dumplings. Once dumplings float to surface soup is ready to eat

* to make flour dumplings mix water and flour to make a dough. And a bit of salt, once and a half cups of flour should make about 20 tiny dumplings. Spin pieces of dough on your hand and drop in the pot.

Serves 4-6 people
Tip:
Takes about 2 hours to make a good soup.  U want chicken to be falling apart. So don't add dumplings until chicken is tender. The flour dumplings will cook within minutes!

Comments

Popular Posts