Home is Where My Heart is!

It's five in the afternoon here in the city. Thanks to good old day light savings it looks like it is about nine in the evening.

Usually I am not a fan of it getting darker outside. But today I am.  It makes things cozy. As I glanced out my window and saw the street lights come on something in my heart leapt for joy. I closed my blinds, lit my candles, put on a little jazz music and create the perfect winter ambience.

It got me thinking about what a haven my home is for me.  It is the one place I am free to express myself unashamedly.  It is my protected place from the outside world.

It's where I have the most fun, where I cry the most tears and where I make the most memorable memories.  My little home really brings me a lot of comfort. Almost like a friend. 

When I feel rejected my others or left out, my home always welcomes me with open arms and greets me with a sweet aroma.

Now if you know me well you know I am a bit of a 'home body'. I don't like being out and about sauntering from here to there.  Nope...not me.  I guess I am a bit of a hermit. I love to invite others into my little utopia. But I can only handle small portions of the outside world. Haha.

Being a stay at home mom I am fortunate to be shielded from the darkness of this world.  Sometimes that's not such a good thing.  But for the most part I like it. 

So why am I going on and on about my little casa?
Because today I am just thankful for it. It isn't much, it's not fancy but it's mine. And when the world hurts me and people disappoint me, I know I can come hear and be safe.

So with winter coming I encourage you to take some time and invest in your little oasis. Maybe do a little decorating, pray over your walls, light some candles. Create ambience in your home makes you anxious to be there. Even if you don't own your home, or live with your parents you can make your room or your apartment a special dwelling place. A place of joy , peace and comfort specially ordered to suit you!!
Happy Teusday :)

Comments

Popular Posts