It's here.... already?

The last 6 months has literally been a blur to me.  How in the world is it almost fall?  How has the summer come and gone?
Anyhow with every fall, I am reminded of my famous 'fall resolutions'. That.... and a good old marshmallow fireside candle ๐Ÿ˜‰
This year will be no different. Although, I have been testing out new candle options.๐Ÿค”
So here they are folkks....My 2017 Fall Resolutions
1)Bye Bye Cellie: Phone time is being cut down to the bare minimum.  This summer I read this book called Glow Kids by Nicolas Kardaras
It has permanentyl changed my views of glowing screens.  I encourage any mother out there to read it, as this digital age is truly effecting our children in negative ways.  That being said, if I want to eliminate my children's usage, I need to be an example. My y goal is to refrain from my phone in terms of texting, internet searching as much as I can. Being phone free during fellowships, and  over all learning not to be 'attatched at the hip' with my device. Pray for me! It's not as easy in this generation!
2) Morning/Evening Gratitude:
Recently I started this with my children. Every morning before we start our day and every evening before they close their pretty little eyes, we discuss what were grateful about for that day.  We have only been doing it for a few days, but I find it forces us to see God at work in all circumstances.  I always want my children to see the world through eyes of hope. To see the glass half full.  I am a natural realist...which if we are honest is a pessimists cover๐Ÿ˜‚. This little habit teaches my kids to be optimists as well as myself.
3) No complaints Here: For the rest of the year I am not allowed to complain.  Oh boy...once I did this as my years resolution...that was a really good year. I felt developed a habit of not complaining even after that year passed. Well 4 years later...I think the habit has slowly crept in again. If not verbal, albeit my thoughts certainly can be clouded with more complaints than I care to admit.   So here's to a complain free year. You can all hold me accountable to that one๐Ÿ˜‚
What are your fall resolutions?  I encourage you to set some. If we aim for nothing, we will hit it every time.

Comments

  1. I love your resolutions! #3 would be hard for me so I better try it!

    And I ALWAYS think of you when I see or smell marshmallow fireside candle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Yes Num 3 is quite the challenge! And do you? I need to go pick some up for fall :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts